Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Favorite Women of Art #15

Otto Bacher--Nude Outdoors (1893)



We haven't done one of these in a while. This girl reminds me of somebody I used to know. We'll call her J. Of course I did not know her like this. Otto Bacher was an American Impressionist. This painting is in Cleveland, which is supposed to be a truly world-class art museum. I admit I was looking through a bunch of art books looking for something to fit in with this series, but I waited to be spontaneously excited in fidelity to my current state of mind, and I am satisfied that is the case here..

I am having a devil of a time just getting onto this site lately, let alone actually writing. I had been able to get on a crippled version at work (hard to link, etc, but I could type at least) for a few weeks, now I can't even get in. My computer at home is dying, so it's a crapshoot whether I can even get on the internet at all without being instantly thrown off. I could go to another blogging site, and maybe I will have to if these problems aren't resolved, though I would hate to lose the continuity and ease of access to my vast archives. On the other hand, I could start a entirely different blog--Bourgeois Triumph, or I'm More Creative and Intellectually Alive Than All of the Other Writers on the Internet or something like that, with a revamped attitude and more vital content. I need to get my computers working at a 21st century level though. Is it time to invest in a tablet, just for my personal use? Seriously, I need to be able to reliably access and write on the sites that allow you to do those things, which I don't have, well, these last two days.

No comments: