Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bennington Visit II

These pictures are really not necessary, but on the other hand, it isn't as if they are going to damage the quality of the blog all that much either at this point. The windows are helpfully labelled with the general idea of the view out of them. I thought the mountains looked especially attractive in this one.

So You Can Have a Better Idea of the Battle. The detail when you enlarge these pictures is pretty good, so I am actually curious to examine this diorama at leisure myself once my post is done.

The Significance of this Kettle will be revealed in the next photo.
I Promised You It Would Be Worth It.
Another Shot That Figures to Be Greatly Enhanced By Being Blown Up. Lots of good souvenirs and collectors' items from days of yore.
Rough-Hewn Stone (Sandy Hill Dolomite, Supposedly) and Antiquated Wiring. Two of the more endearing features to be found in New England's many dank old structures.
Education With the Illusion of Visual Stimulus. I wish I had more to say, but I don't. I am trying to crank up some quasi-big idea posts in the near future though. Assuming I am capable of it in any mentally meaningful way--and in spite of the multitude of evidence to the contrary, I still probably am--I have to be more accountable for the way I live my life and my choice in sentiments, amusements, stances or non-stances on essential issues, beliefs about and emotions towards other people, than I have allowed myself to become.

No comments: